Role: Accounting Assistant
Duration: 31-Jul-2017 - 29-Jun-2018
Location: Newark, NJ 07102
Position Title: Accounting Assistant
The position of Accounting Administrative Assistant, in accordance with established policies and procedures, will act as support for the accounting department and be directly responsible for a variety of accounting duties; including the preparation and processing of journal entries, purchase order processing, vendor data collection and maintenance, document retention and special projects as needed. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Customer Obsessed company whose main priority is to evaluate what would work best for the customer and ‘work backwards’, we bring passion and dedication when working with External and Internal Partners. In this role, you will need to:
· Support the Accounting team in the timely and accurate recording of journal entries.
· Preparation of daily sales reports and bank deposit journal entries.
· Assist in processing and recording vendor invoices in accounts payable system.
· Prepare and organize weekly payment runs for review by Payments Manager.
· Responsible for data entry of purchase orders.
· Manage new vendor set-up by serving as accounts payable liaison for communicating company tax information requirements.
· Ensure timely and accurate filing of all vendor payments to external and internal vendors.
· Assist with document retention including scanning and the organization of physical and electronic documents.
· Completes additional tasks as assigned.
· Minimum 1-3 years of previous experience in bookkeeping related functions including general ledger and accounts payable
· Strong Excel skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to interact with various departments across an organization
· Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong sense of urgency with all work-related tasks
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity environment
· Entrepreneurial attitude and work ethic
· Ability to multi-task with various projects
· NetSuite and Oracle experience a plus (ideal)
Requirements:**person needs to be able/willing to do manual work (data entry/filing/etc). Needs to be a fast learner and be able to multi-task, prioritize and detail oriented**
Thanks & Regards
Primus Software Corporation
Direct: 678 -666- 4393 | Fax: 770-234-4163
www.primussoft.com | 3061 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 110 Duluth, GA - 30097
Let's connect, LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/pub/parul-chhabra/b1/42b/527
"All Clients Require Employment, Background Checks & Drug Test as a Part of Pre- Employment Hiring Process"
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and do not constitute a commitment by Primus Software Corporation, USA except where provided for in a written agreement between you and the Company. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, delete it and notify sender immediately.