Work Location: 6535 State Highway 161, Irving, TX 75039
Title: Network Implementation Engineer/ Implementation - Implementation Analyst 5 - CISCO
Request ID: 50296-1
Desired Start Date: 8/7/2017
End Date: 3/31/2018
Is this position contract to hire?: No
Local Candidate Required?: Yes
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our IT team with in-depth knowledge of the planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting of networked systems to join our Remote Network Implementation Services team.
Responsible for operations of a company's internal data communications systems, including LANs and/or WANs. Plans, designs, and implements networked systems, including configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as routers, bridges, concentrators, and switches; project implementation; providing training and assisting with proposal writing. Responsible for project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. May research and evaluate emerging network and communication technology.
Education: BS degree or equivalent experience in electronic system installation and troubleshooting
Experience: 8+ years field support engineering experience
Knowledge/Skills: Specialized knowledge of systems and equipment installations.
o A minimum of six years experience deploying Cisco IOS based networking devices within a 24x7 datacenter environment. Experience to include routing, switching, wireless, WAN optimization.
o Proficient project management skills displayed through successful implementations, completing assignments, meeting timelines, and keeping within budget
o LAN Switching – A minimum of six years of switching environments including Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc. Cisco Catalyst 4500/3750/2960, HP 5500 series.
o Excellent communication skills and experience working with internal and external customers as a service provider.
o LAN Physical Connectivity – A minimum of four years experience with Ethernet connectivity.
o Wireless – A minimum of four years experience with deploying wireless network in an Enterprise or Warehouse environment.
o Equipment – have diverse IOS experience required in the design, implementation and troubleshooting on a wide range of networking equipment to include – but not limited to:
Routers – ASR, 3900, 7300 Series Routers
Cisco Access Switches (3750, 4500, 4900)
Wireless – Motorola, Cisco
Wan Accelerators – Riverbed or Bluecoat
WAN Physical Connectivity – Experience with edge router WAN circuit (Ethernet, T3, Multilink,T1) provisioning, configuration and troubleshooting.
- MPLS Topology and Connections - A minimum of four years experience with Telecom managed MPLS deployments. Preference for multi provider deployment experience.
- Routing Protocols – must be proficient with all common routing protocols used in a network environment to include (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Configuring and troubleshooting QOS for both WAN and LAN networks.
- A minimum of four years experience with debugtrace option commands and their impact on the production environment.
- Monitoring – strong familiarity with SNMP, Netflow, Syslog and packet captures.
- Directly applicable professional certifications are preferred – CCNP, CCDP, CCIE RS
- In depth knowledge of UNIX, Windows networking technologies and deployment methodologies.