Wants someone that is wanting to grow their experience, and has a the desire to learn. Needs experience with Linux or know what it is.
The Distributed Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to all customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well some project management skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- Current, Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with UNIX/Linux systems utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Scripting experience (Perl, shell)
- Technical abilities for project based assignments
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools like HP Server Automation, Puppet, Ansible etc
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
Infrastructure/System Engineering experience
Development experience (this is not a development position).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.