Serving as a Senior Systems Engineer on the Web Hosting Team, this role is a key position with a heavy focus around supporting and provisioning client-facing hosted services in a predominately Linux / MySQL environment, along with some moderate Windows Server data processing and interaction.
The day to day function of this role is to support stability in production for client facing and SLA focused hosted services along with planning, coordinating and implementing required changes and deploying new environments.
To be successful the ideal candidate will have had DevOps work experience with a technical focus around Linux, TomCat / Weblogic (or similar) and MySQL within a production client serving hosting environment. Experience and understanding of leveraging data/file service interaction between Linux and Windows systems and services is also beneficial.
About our Business:
This role is to fill a critical position within the Fiserv Output Solutions business unit serving a large number of financial institutions and healthcare providers. The primary focus of this business unit and the Austin office is in the secure and hosted delivery of statement portals and data for our clients and their customers.
Reports To: Director of Infrastructure
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Linux web hosting frontend server support and provisioning – TomCat / Weblogic.
· DevOps related interaction and deployment of targeted and tailored code / application suites within a client-facing hosting environment.
· Linux backend DB / MySQL server support, data management and provisioning.
· Windows processing and file server connectivity and data access / processing flow support, provisioning and management.
· Support, Process and deployment automation utilizing scripting and tools. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Gradle or similar.
· Participate in change management planning and implementation process which may include occasional off hour and weekend activities and maintenance tasks.
· Maintaining documentation with regard to system support and implementation as well as process functionality and design.
· Participate in a team on-call rotation schedule.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
· Enterprise systems engineering support and deployment planning and coordination experience.
· Linux server support, deployment and design around LAMP or similar architecture.
· Web hosting experience in a client facing production enterprise environment supporting TomCat, WebLogic or similar.
· FTP / sFTP server support and provisioning experience.
· Systems hardening and security centric management for permissions supporting Internet facing hosted environments.
· Previous experience within a hosting environment with compliance controlled systems. PCI, HIPPA, SOX, SOC I/II, NIST, etc.
· Automation scripting proficiency with bash, CShell, Python, Perl or similar.
· Deployment tool suites and methodology expertise with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Gradle or similar technologies.
· VMware or other similar virtualization technology expertise and specifically around deployment and management of virtual guest systems.
· EMC or similar experience with virtual storage allocation and management as well as physical directly connected storage.
· Strong documentation experience around support operations, planning and deployment processes.
· Process centric thinker and with experience within a framework or methodology such as ITIL or ISO.
· Preferred experience with Windows server infrastructure and specifically system and application service management and implementation as well as CIFS or NFS file system / file share access and support.
· Preferred experience with Windows Active Directory implemented server systems and associated domain membership, computer, service and user account and permissions interactivity.
· Prior experience with Availability Management programs and system monitoring solutions, including Nagios, SolarWinds, AppDynamics and Splunk is a plus
· Prior experience with search platforms and indexing (SOLR, Elasticsearch) is also a plus
· Education: BS college degree or equivalent experience and typically 5 or more years of directly relative work history.